Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Love & Be Loved

I love motherhood and praising God for it is something I do daily...I love wondering what each new day will bring. What new faces Tenley will make and things that will make her glow. I love the present with her now and I dream of the little girl she will soon be. But today when I was reflecting on my love for her...I had these thoughts...

Never could I have imagined the extent of love a mother has for her child. The way Tenley melt's my heart when she laughs, smiles or sleeps and the breaking of my heart when she cries or feels ill. The intensity of wanting to protect her, and fears I've never struggled with before have caught me by complete surprise.

This got me thinking... My Heavenly Father loves me even more so than I her...to sacrifice His ONLY son...This is a love I can not fathom even more so now, this love has me shaken! How could I ever turn my face from a LOVE who literally gave me EVERYTHING!?!?!

Questions came to my mind like... Why do I try to seek love from so many others when I have a God who loves me more than I could ever love my own daughter??...WOW!

Why be so bothered if someone chooses to not like me for any reason...

Or why the thought to change who I am when the Lord Of Alll created me with His own bare hands in His own image? How can I allow my heart to stay broken from things that happened years ago when healing was offered at the moment I said Yes to my Savior?

How can I neglect time with My God, My Love, when He gave me ALL He had to give??

Why do I feel I have to prove myself to others when God says I love you just the way you are?

Must I continue to feel like I fail as a mother even though Christ in-trusted me with a child to raise for His Glory?

To be reminded that I don't have to be perfect is a beautiful thing.....

But may the love I have for my daughter be a glimpse of the Love Christ has for me and may my heart be humbled daily when I feel the world has turned against me or when Satan is at his best! May I see Tenley as a reminder of God's love to me and may I reflect His love back onto her!!

Thank you Lord for giving me such a revelation in the midst of Praising You for my precious baby girl!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, my dear friend. Thank you for your beautiful words and your insightful and challenging questions. You have an amazing heart and you are absolutely an amazing mother. I love you!

    ReplyDelete